Entry #3: Who and What Started Me On My Literacy Path


Velevia - Otherwise known as Momma

My mother was a heavy influencer in cultivating my genius. From songs during my morning and nighttime routine, to books always being read in the house, and all of the long conversations in between. 


Thalia - Otherwise known as Grandma

My grandmother was another heavy influencer in cultivating my genius. Some of my first memories are from her reading VeggieTales books to me before bedtime at her house. She inspired my love for reading. I remember her taking me to the library to get my first library card and we would bring a wagon that I would fill with books (I think 10 was the max). 


Reading Rainbow

LeVar Burton hosted Reading Rainbow which aired from 1983 to 2006. The Reading Rainbow theme song is permanently ingrained in my mind. I remember looking forward to tuning into Reading Rainbow for my daily dose of read-aloud. 


Between The Lions

Between The Lions was a an animated/puppet TV show. It aired from 2000 to 2010. It was focused on a family of lions living in a library along with their friends Click the computer mouse, Information Hen, who answered calls in the library, and Heath, the library's dinosaur thesaurus. It was another show that, as a child, I looked forward to tuning into for the picture book read-alouds. 

Comments

  1. This is wonderful Tahlia. I was also so interested to learn that you have the same name as your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts